John Lutgens has been a lawyer in Vancouver Washington and the Portland metropolitan area since 1992. After graduating from Willamette University, College of Law in 1992, he joined the Portland firm of Sims & Sims. While at Sims & Sims he practiced in criminal defense, personal injury, estate planning & probate, real estate law, commercial fishing law, business transactions, and litigation.
Since 1994, when John Lutgens opened his firm in Vancouver, Washington, he has practiced in multiple areas, including plaintiff’s personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning & probate, business formation and transaction, family law, bankruptcy, and real property law.
John Lutgens is licensed to practice law in Washington and Oregon, with his practice emphasizing estate planning & probate, bankruptcy, family law, and business formation & acquisitions. He is admitted to the Washington and Oregon State Courts, and Federal Western District Court for Washington.
John Lutgens has appeared in the Superior and District Courts for Clark County, Cowlitz County, and Skamania County; the Circuit Courts for Clackamas County, Marion County, Multnomah County, Washington County; and the Municipal Courts for Battle Ground, Camas, Kalama, La Center, Ridgefield, Stevenson, Vancouver, Washougal and Woodland, Washington, and Lake Oswego, Oregon.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association, Trustee 2004 – 2006
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- Willamette University, College of Law – Juris Doctorate 1992
- University of Southern California – Bachelor of Arts – Political Science 1978